Captain America Fruit Tray
Updated: Jul 20
Bringing fruit to a Fourth of July party this weekend? While everyone is doing a flag shaped dish, dare to be different. This captain America fruit tray is a just a little extra fun because it's patriotic and Marvel. (Speaking of Marvel, check out my superhero dramatic play area if you haven't yet.) My mom made this for my son's Avengers birthday party and it was a hit. Just the right amount of different fruits so there's something for everyone. If you are looking for more ideas, I have a great fireworks snack.
Ingredients. (The amount of each fruit will vary depending on the size of your platter.)
Juice of one Lemon
7 oz of Marshmallow Creme *
8 oz of Cream Cheese
Pure Vanilla Extra
Optional to increase volume and fluffiness you can always add cool whip.
*To make it healthier and less sugar you can use a low sugar Greek yogurt. If you use an unflavored plain Greek yogurt I would recommend adding honey or other sweetener. Maybe monk fruit.
1. Beat together marshmallow creme, cream cheese, and vanilla for 2-3 min.
2. If using cool whip, fold in.
4. Before serving fill a few star containers- the size of your container depends on the size of your platter. The dip may need to be replaced once or twice. (You will have extra fruit dip which will last a few days in the refrigerator.)
5. Place star container in middle of round platter.
6. Not long before serving, slice fruit. Add the juice of one lemon to banana so it doesn't brown.
7. Arrange red, white (banana) and blue fruit to the tray.
Happy 4th of July